Vai al contenuto

final cut 4 su ibook

Messaggi raccomandati

Ospite Anonymous

FinalCut 4? Io non ho mai lavorato con FinalCutPro su G3 ma direi che è fattibile! Certo dovrai renderizzare abbastanza spesso data l'assenza di RT Extreme con il tuo portatile ma credimi che la cosa è fattibile :wink: Magari aggiungerei un 128 MB di RAM e via :D

Fammi sapere.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Originally posted by Giglio

ciao,

una consulenza tecnica...

quanto è possibile fare montaggio su un ibook G3 700 con 384 mb di RAM??

Me lo posso scordare o posso lavorarci??

grazie!!

ap

Funzionerebbe abbastanza, SE fosse possibile installarlo. Cioè: FCP4, così come FC Express2, non si installano nativamente sui G3, il G4 è un requisito minimo di sistema.

So che in giro ci sono dei modi per installarlo modificando alcuni file...in teoria dovrebbero funzionare, io ne avevo provato uno tempo fa ma non ero riuscito, cmq per questo lascio la palla a chi magari ne sa di più.

In ogni caso mi capita a volte di usare il g3 per alcune cose semplici, su FC Express, e non ci sono problemi...chiaramente i tempi di rendering sono parecchio più lunghi, e ovviamente perdi tutta la parte in real-time e che richiede Altivec.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

E' in inglese......

How to get Final Cut Pro 4 to run on a G3

Juan The Ref

[Note: The following tip expands upon a tip from Rob Moreno on 16 Sep 2003 - MacInTouch]

I have put together Data from a bunch of resources to come up with an actual working way to get Final Cut Pro 4 working on G3 and PCI Macs. Some walk throughs on this site have left out some important steps.

To Run Final Cut Pro 4 on your G3/PCI System:

1.Copy the Final Cut Pro 4 installer from the DVD onto your desktop. While holding down the [control] key (or "right click") click on the installer alias "install final cut pro 4" and select "Show Original". Then Open the "packages" folder, and inside it there will be another "packages" folder. Open it and copy the FinalCutPro.pkg file to your desktop. The file should be around 65MB in size.

2. Open the Package Contents of the file on your desktop by holding the [control] key (or "right click"), clicking on the icon and selecting "Show Package Contents".

3. Open the "contents" folder, then the "resources" folder, from there Open the InstallationCheck file (located in the Resources folder) in a text editor and change the "zero" in the last line in this section to a "one".

Original:

# Only G3s are not compatible

if(CheckIOReg("PowerPC,750@", "PowerPC,755@", "PowerPC,740@",

"PowerPC,745@", "PowerPC,750CX@", "PowerPC,750CXe@",

"PowerPC,G3@", "PowerMac1,2")) {

$hasG4 = 0;

Hacked:

# Only G3s are not compatible

if(CheckIOReg("PowerPC,750@", "PowerPC,755@", "PowerPC,740@",

"PowerPC,745@", "PowerPC,750CX@", "PowerPC,750CXe@",

"PowerPC,G3@", "PowerMac1,2")) {

$hasG4 = 1;

4. Save your changes and run the installer. It should install successfully (You must install on the boot drive)

-Now, to run the program, you have to do one more hack.

1. Go into the Boot Hard drive icon on the desktop, then go into the "applications" folder, find the file "final cut pro" Open the Package Contents of the file by holding the [control] key (or "right click") clicking on the icon and selecting "Show Package Contents".

2. Enter the "contents" folder, then edit the "info.plist" file with a text editor, find the following sections (it should be right near the top) and change the Value for: Minimum RAM (not recommended)/CPU Speed (Not Recommended)/ Required IO PCI Device (change to PCI if you have a PCI video card)/ Minimum OS version (Not recommended)/ and Minimum Quicktime version (Not recommended). As for the required CPU type section, simply erase those 2 lines for compatibility with G3's and G4's.

-Original Section Entries:

<key>AELMinimumRAMSize</key>

<string>256</string>

<key>AELRequiredCPUType</key>

<string>G4</string>

<key>AELMinimumCPUSpeedSingle</key>

<string>350</string>

<key>AELRequiredIOPCIDevice</key>

<string>AGP</string>

<key>AELMinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>10.2.0</string>

<key>AELMinimumQuickTimeVersion</key>

<string>6.1</string>

-Hacked Section Entries: (this is what my INFO.PLIST file looks like)

<key>AELMinimumRAMSize</key>

<string>256</string>

<key>AELMinimumCPUSpeedSingle</key>

<string>350</string>

<key>AELRequiredIOPCIDevice</key>

<string>PCI</string>

<key>AELMinimumOSVersion</key>

<string>10.3.2</string>

<key>AELMinimumQuickTimeVersion</key>

<string>6.5</string>

-I customized mine to be the exact specs of my machine, You can do the same to yours. Just make sure you set the requirements BELOW your actual hardware specs!

3. Save the changes (In plain text, and note: CASE MATTERS so make sure everything is in the case that the original file was.

4. Now startup FInal Cut pro 4, you should be prompted to enter your serial number, do so and Vwalla, magic! You've squeezed a little more life out of that G3.

iBook 14" - CPU G4 1.33 GHz - 120 Gb HDD - 1.25 Gb RAM - OSX Server 10.4.9

PowerMac G5 - CPU G5 1.8 GHz - 2x250 Gb HDD - 4 Gb RAM - OSX 10.4.9

Mac Mini - CPU Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz (T7600) - 200 Gb HDD - 2 Gb RAM (Kingston) - OSX 10.4.9

Fujifilm S5 Pro + Nikkor 10.5 Full-frame Fisheye DX + Nikkor 18-70 DX + Nikkor 70-200 VR + Nikkor 80-400 VR

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Grazie Rasna. Aggiungo solo che ho testato la stessa procedura su Final Cut Express 2, e funziona :D Devo dire che, a prima vista, funziona anche benino...penso che Apple sbagli con la sua politica di escludere i G3. E' chiaro, su un G3 non mi aspetto di avere le stesse funzioni che su un G4 con Altivec, o un G5, ma che almeno si installi, mi sembrerebbe corretto...di solito lavoro sul G4 (o su G5), ma avendo il mio fido booky G3 sempre con me non fa male avere la possibilità di usare un buon software, in casi particolari (e non avendo i dindi per comprarmi un Powerbook, per ora... :D )

PS. La stessa procedura vale anche per gli updates: Aggiornamento software vi dirà che non è possibile installare l'update e che è stato messo nel cestino, voi lo spostate sul disco, aprite il pacchetto, modificate l'installation check e a quel punto si installa :D Poi dovete ricordarvi di ri-modificare anche l'info.plist, altrimenti non parte più.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Archiviato

Questa discussione è archiviata e chiusa a future risposte.

• Crea Nuovo...